Randall Emmett and Amybr Childers are working out their issues outside of court, according to new legal documents.
The exes were scheduled to have a hearing in their ongoing restraining order battle but have chosen to reschedule to Jan. 26 because they are “working on a settlement,” the court documents filed on Jan. 24 and exclusively obtained by WM Leader reveal.
Reps for the movie producer and the “You” star didn’t immediately return WM Leader’s requests for comment.
The attempt at a settlement comes after a judge granted Childers, 34, a temporary restraining order against Emmett, 51, on Dec. 22 following her claims that her ex-husband had “possible involvement in child exploitation and pedophilia” and was being investigated by the FBI.
The “Vice” actress said she learned of the alleged investigation on Dec. 6 when she “was contacted by a special agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation asking [her] questions about [Emmett’s] suspected activities with child exploitation and pedophilia.”
The “Midnight in the Switchgrass” producer slammed the allegations immediately after.
“At this point, the lies have been stretched so far,” he said in a video posted to Instagram.
“We spent today getting confirmation because we knew there was no truthfulness to any of this, that the FBI has never been investigating me and isn’t investigating me because there’s nothing to investigate,” he added.
In a separate statement to WM Leader, Emmett said, “I am not being investigated by the FBI nor anyone else, and the notion that I am is beyond absurd.”
The restraining order Childers had obtained will remain in effect until their new hearing Thursday, the documents state.
Childers, who currently shares 50/50 custody with the filmmaker, has been on a quest for “sole legal and physical custody” of her and Emmett’s kids, London, 12, and Rylee, 9, “for a variety of reasons.”
Emmett is also in a custody battle with ex-fiancée Lala Kent over their 1-year-old daughter, Ocean.