Skip to content

When his parents weren’t home, an Alaskan teenager shot his three siblings before killing himself

When his parents weren’t home, an Alaskan teenager shot his three siblings before killing himself
Three other children, all under the age of seven, were at home, according to Alaska State Troopers, but all were unharmed.

FAIRBANKS, ALASKA: An Alaskan teenager killed his three siblings with a gunshot wound that appeared to be self-inflicted, authorities said on July 27.

On Tuesday, July 26, bullets were fired at a home near Fairbanks in the late afternoon, according to Alaska State Troopers. According to Tim DeSpain, a police spokesman, the report was made by a neighbor. The discovery of four infants who appeared to have died from gunshot wounds stunned responding officers. The children killed were 5, 8, 17 and 15 years old, according to DeSpain, and their parents were not home at the time of the incident.

According to DeSpain, the 15-year-old boy shot and killed his three brothers before turning the gun on himself. He also claimed that the reason for the horrific incident is still under investigation. The State Medical Examination Office received the corpses and carried out further examinations there. Troopers reported that there were three other children at home, but they were unharmed. The children who were not injured were all under the age of seven and all related to each other, according to DeSpain.

Football Highlights

The gun used was a “family gun, but beyond that, everything is still part of the current investigation,” DeSpain said. If the 15-year-old gunman had previously interacted with law enforcement, DeSpain was unable to confirm. Nevertheless, the state children’s office was informed.

Recent cases of suspected murder-suicides have risen dramatically across the country. According to a previous story from MEAWW, a 10-year-old western Michigan child was shot and killed by his mother, who then turned the gun on herself. After being shot by his mother at approximately 6:40 a.m. on July 25, Ethan Anewishki was taken to Trinity Health Shelby Hospital and then flown to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids. In a case now described as a murder-suicide, deputies discovered his mother, Melissa Anewishki, 38, dead at the scene. The incident happened along Baseline Road in a rural area of ​​Shelby Township. On Monday night, MPs responded to reports of gunfire in the 2300 block of Baseline Road. A family friend said that Melissa suffered from depression and anxiety.

MEAWW also detailed how Mikal Dixon, a 27-year-old man with an AR-15, broke into a home in Burlington, Vermont, fatally shooting Kayla Noonan, 22, and seriously injuring another person, before taking himself in shot his head. However, Acting Police Chief Jon Murad did not reveal the names of the survivors during a July 25 news conference. She was only identified by police as a 22-year-old woman. Murad claimed that Dixon had previously been jailed on minor charges including retail theft and trespassing, according to records, which did not prevent him from acquiring a firearm.