Although any fruit is good, if your desire is to lose belly fat, you should know which are the best.
First of all, it should be clarified that any fruit is good for losing belly fat and being healthy, and if you eat it regularly and in adequate portions, you don’t have to gain weight. However, as with almost everything in life, there are better and worse foods for losing fat.
Although it is true that fruit sugar (fructose) does not behave the same in our bodies as refined sugar –since in the case of fruit there will be no excessive release of insulin and, therefore, there will be no hypoglycemic drop–, in the end they are extra calories that we should not ignore if we want to lose belly fat.
Therefore, if your desire is to lose weight, you should know which are the most suitable fruits for your plan. In the end, everything counts, and if you keep changing details like these, you will be able to lose weight without going through (too many) hardships and, what is better, without ceasing to eat fruit.
The fruits you should eat to lose belly fat
Once the presentations are done, we go with the topic at hand: what are the best fruits if what we want is to lose belly fat and be healthy.
As we have already told you, any fruit is healthy (it is a great source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, antioxidants, potassium, vitamin C and more), but not all have the same calories, fats or carbohydrates, that is why it is important that you choose well what you put in your mouth.
Dietitian Lauren Manaker, author of numerous books and recipes, has revealed which fruits are the best for losing belly fat, taking into account that we should eat two cups of this food a day:
- Watermelon: this fruit is packed with essential nutrients like vitamin C. Manaker tells Eatthis that “since hydration can play a key role in slimming down belly fat, eating water-packed fruits like watermelon can help achieve this.”
- apples: they are rich in fiber, vitamin C and have numerous antioxidants. Their comfortable format makes them the winning option to take to work and eat a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. In addition to being perfect for losing belly fat, they are very healthy, as they contain a flavonoid called quercetin, which is believed to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Blackberries: “They are packed with fiber and antioxidants. Including them in dishes adds a bit of natural sweetness without added sugar, a factor that can help us lose belly fat, “says the expert. And they also only contain one calorie per unit of fruit. “A serving of nine berries has more than 30mg of vitamin C, which is half the recommended daily allowance. Vitamin C is really important for the formation of collagen in bones, connective tissue, and blood vessels, which helps to strengthen joints, heal wounds, and regenerate skin,” says nutritionist Mina Khan, of FormulateHealth.
- Avocados: one study found that people who consumed them regularly were up to 9% less likely to become overweight or obese over a period of four to 11 years compared to people who did not; and another investigation determined that eating an avocado a day helps to lose belly fat; and this other one, carried out on rodents, concluded that including this fruit extract in the diet caused the animals to gain less body weight.
- Oranges: “Oranges are a great natural source of vitamin C, thiamin, folate, and a host of other nutrients. In addition, they contain plant compounds that offer unique health benefits. They are naturally sweet, with no added sugar, and are a hydrating food that can potentially help slim down belly fat,” Manaker says.
- Grapefruit: Although the expert does not include it in her recommendations, grapefruit is essential to lose weight, and not only because of its low caloric level, but because eating it means we lose weight. This has been demonstrated by numerous studies, such as this one, which discovered that eating this fruit makes lose weight between 1.6 kilos and 1.5 kilos in three months.
With information from theobjective.com