The Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Monday, met with farmers and the Northern Agro Commodity Groups in Minna, the Niger State capital.
Speaking at a town hall meeting held at Idris Legbo Kutigi Conference Hall, Tinubu made some key promises to the farmers and the agro-commodity groups if elected as the President in 2023.
The promises made by the APC presidential candidates during the town hall meeting are below.
1. Tinubu promised to turn around the Agricultural sector in the country through the provision of modern farm implements at subsidised rates to the farmers across the country.
2. He promised that under his leadership, National Agricultural Commodity Directorate will be established to ensure the success of his agricultural policy, aimed at enhancing food security and export.
3. The APC candidate promised that commodity exchange will begin immediately after he become President and that every resource to protect the farmers and their goods will be provided.
4. Tinubu pledged that he would stop the destruction of the country’s export potential to create value if elected President in 2023.
5. The former Governor of Lagos Stete promised that he would work to give the farmers the exportable items that will help them to produce more and better.
6. He promised the farmers that their produce will be destroyed again and would help the to mitigate the effect of climate change and flood.
Various groups endorsed the Tinubu/Shetimma Presidency and expressed their hope that the APC candidate would take them out of poverty and improve farming practices across the country.
Among the groups that endorsed Tinubu were the All Farmers Association of Nigeria, Miyetti Allah Kaunakakai Hore, Maize Association of Nigeria (MAAN), Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN) and the Federation of Agricultural Commodity Association of Nigeria (FACAN).